Frequently Asked Questionsback
- What is included in the cost of my trip?
- I'm a single traveler. Will I feel comfortable?
- Can children take ETOURS tours?
- Who will be leading the trip?
- How many guides are on each trip?
- What should I pack?
- How many persons will be in my walking group?
- Does ETOURS recommend pre-trip and post-trip accommodation?
- Will the travel insurance refund my trip in case I cancel my trip?
- Will ETOURS transfer my luggage during the tour?
- What are the average temperatures and rain fall?
- What is the best way to train for a walking tour?
- Do the guides speak English?
What is included in the cost of my trip?
Every tour price includes the following:
- Accommodation in comfortable and clean hotels (usually 4*, 3* only in case 4* is not available)
- Breakfasts and dinners (for Private tours - meals in your package tour depend on your request)
- Welcome and Farewell drinks, one drink per meal
- Lunches (picnic style or restaurants – please refer to your particular itinerary)
- Scenic guided walks with distances averaging 8 to 15 kilometers/5.5 to 9.5 miles per day
- Walking pole rental
- Accompanied by two experienced guides for more than 6 participants in the group (for 6 and less participants, there is one guide only)
- 24-hours on-call guide service
- Admission to historic and cultural sites, etc., along the route
- General map of a whole tour, local walking maps with descriptions of the particular walks
- Group travel by bus, boat, cable car, or ski lift during the tour
- Pick up and drop off on tour start and end days of the tour
- Luggage transfers
- All taxes
- Group size: 16 or less
I'm a single traveler. Will I feel comfortable?
Concerning our tours, there is always a mixture of couples and single travelers who often say that they feel comfortable and happy about the friendship that develops among all group members. Tour prices are based on double occupancy; however, single rooms are available with a single supplement. Solo guests who are willing to share a room with another participant of the same gender will not be charged a single supplement. If no roommate is found, they will pay 75% of single room supplement for forced single occupancy.
Can children take ETOURS tours?
Yes, however, we require that all children are over 12 (must reach age of 12 on the first day of tour) with the exception of Intergeneration tours, where we accept children over 6 (must reach age of 6 on the first day of tour).
Who will be leading the trip?
As we realize that it is primarily the guides who make the trip enjoyable, we pay particular attention to selecting the best ones. Our guides are outstanding individuals with long-term experience in guiding outdoor trips. ETOURS organizes a special training for each of the guides every year. They come from a variety of backgrounds and different parts of the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Macedonia, Ukraine or Serbia. They love sharing their knowledge and enthusiasm with you and are happy to help you make your trip a memorable experience. Your guides will have First-Aid skills and a wealth of outdoor leadership experience.
How many leaders are on each trip?
It is important to provide two qualified leaders for each trip. Two experienced guides can better manage trip logistics, help ensure the group's safety and offer at least two walking options. If there are 6 or less participants in the group, we believe, one guide would be enough as in the cities there will be additional local city guide for sightseeing tours.
What should I pack?
The walks take place mostly in rolling hills, so what you need are: comfortable outdoor clothing and comfortable waterproof boots. As we cannot control the weather, a waterproof jacket is very important too. On your vacation, an evening attire is casual elegant. Shorts are not appropriate evening attire. You will receive a complete packing list after you have signed up for a tour.
How many persons will be in my walking group?
On average, our groups take approximately 8 participants. However, we’ve decided there should be at least 3 persons and 16 persons at the most, so that we can guarantee a certain standard of our services.
Does ETOURS recommend pre-trip and post-trip accommodation?
Yes, of course! You will find recommendations for pre-trip and post-trip accommodation enclosed in your guest packet. We can arrange it for you or you can do it yourselves.
Will the travel insurance refund my trip payments in case I cancel my trip?
Our Terms and Conditions define the circumstances and amounts under which the trip cancellation refunds are provided. We highly recommend you to arrange a travel insurance to protect your trip investment, to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accident and other losses incurred while traveling, either internationally or within one's own country. The travel insurance should also cover your financial loss if your trip is interrupted or canceled due to a domestic or foreign terrorist event within 30 days prior to your arrival in a destination city as defined in the policy terms.
Will ETOURS transfer my luggage during the tour?
Yes, your luggage will be transferred to each hotel. You will only need to carry a few items that you will want during your walks or on your tour for the day, such as a camera, sunglasses or a jacket. After a day of walking and sightseeing you can be sure to find your luggage in your hotel room.
What are the average temperatures and rain falls?
In May, June, late August and September, there are usually very pleasant temperatures around 21°C/70°F. Summer is usually warmer with temperatures ranging from the 26.5°-32°C/80°-90°F. Evenings bring cooler temperatures from the 21°-26.5°/ 70° to 80°F. Of course, it might rain in any month of the year. However, May, August and September are relatively dry months.
What is the best way to train for a walking or biking tour?
The best way to prepare for a walking tour is to walk or ride the bike 30 - 60 minutes a day for at least 3 weeks. You can do your training in rolling hills and some flat stretches, the kind of terrain that you can expect to find on your European tour. Treadmill workouts with incline and decline functions are also fine. If, for any reason, you can’t walk or ride regularly, it is important that you engage in another cardiovascular activity that suits you; like swimming, jogging or aerobics.
Do the guides speak English?
All of our guides speak EXCELLENT ENGLISH. Before we decide to cooperate with them they have to prove their level of English either by submitting a Cambridge Certificate (at least Level B2), State Exam Certificate or a University diploma proving that they majored in English. Of course, all of them are natives so their native language is Czech, Slovak, Serbian and Ukrainian and therefore they can arrange things or, as the case may be, solve problems with no difficulty at all.